And it’s “hello” from me…17th July, 2015
We’ve welcomed a new chair – Jan Minihane – who has taken over the role that Robin Melley from Matrix Capital has held for the past three years. Here Jan explains more about herself, and her aims for the future…
“As your new chair, I wanted to introduce myself for those of you that don’t know me and highlight some changes that we’ll be making to ensure you get even more out of your TBP membership.
I’m Jan Minihane, owner of The Net Advantage Ltd, a Social Media advisory, training and mentoring company with offices in Wellington, Telford. I’ve been in business in Shropshire for 10 years now, after leaving my corporate life in London behind. What drives me is wanting to bring good people together and helping people on a 121 basis.
I’m delighted and honoured to be the new chair of Telford Business Partnership and I’m aware that I have rather large shoes to fill taking over from Robin Melley. Thank you Robin for all you have done and your continuing commitment to TBP – it is much appreciated.
Recently, the Board ran a membership survey conducted by some willing volunteer students from TCAT, because it really matters to us all that our members feel they are getting the most out of their membership. The findings were intriguing, which I’d like to share with you and then show you how we’ll start evolving TBP to bring even more value to your membership:
* 65% of members rate networking as the most important aspect of being part of TBP
* 69% of members want to use TBP to promote their business
* 70% of members want to be kept up to date with local business news and events
* Members were divided over the importance of guest speakers – half want lots of speakers, half don’t!
* The overwhelming majority felt they were getting value for money with their membership
As a result of the survey and feedback received from the latest breakfast meeting, the Board has had long discussions about how we can mix things up to better serve you, so you’ll start to see a few changes:
* At future quarterly breakfast meetings, 3 members will have a small stand in the reception area before breakfast, increasing awareness of their businesses
* We will continue to have an overview from 1 member of Telford & Wrekin Council on the latest business news, grants, investment and guidance available
* We will continue to provide high calibre business speakers, but will also facilitate 2 ‘round table’ discussions per year, to talk about either common business issues that we will feed back to Telford Business Board, or to allow members to get to know each other’s businesses better and what kind of customers they are looking for
We hope these and other minor changes will increase the networking time to make it easier for members to get to know each other and their businesses, while still maintaining an informal feel to our events.
I, and all the Board members, welcome any further feedback and comments you may have on the changes, now and in the future. I’m looking forward to getting to know all of the members better and finding out how we can continue to make Telford such a blinking great place to do business!”
p.s. don’t forget our 2 BIG events coming up soon, pop the dates in your diary – help us support our brilliant nominated charity, Telford Young Carers http://www.telfordyoungcarers.org.uk :
Telford’s Brainiest Business Quiz, Thursday September 17, 2015 (more information to follow)
Telford Young Professionals Ball, Friday October 2, 2015 /events/1st-annual-ball-telford-young-professional-year-award/